Buy Taters PARTY directly from The Taters through PayPal
3. New Girlfriend
5. Goodbye Girl
6. Merrick Lines
7. Help Me Rhonda
8. Gotta Get a Message to You
10. Smoke on Route 66
11. Never Call Me Here
12. No Two Shows the Same!
Here is a track listing for the new album, with notes about each track:
1. Pageboy - one of our more alliterative offerings, this was the result of having a tune, no lyrics and a dictionary. Kids - stay in school!
2. Photograph - cover of the Ringo Starr song, co written with Geo Harrison
3. New Girlfriend - an old Monday Week fave, done up Tater style and featuring the New Tater on the Block Chris on lead vocal
4. Thingamajig - a little-known western swing tune, gotten from a cassette given to me by a friend of mine nearly 20 years ago. It took until the Google years before I ever found out what it was, or who wrote it (Cindy Walker, by the way)
5. Goodbye Girl - our slightly calypso take of a Squeeze classic. We did a version of this on the Squeeze tribute project from a few years back but this is its first time
6. Merrick Lines - another Monday Week regular that never got recorded before. Check!
7. Help Me Rhonda - Yep. The Beach Boys one. Since this whole album is a kind-of tribute to their Party album, seemed only right we do one of their songs!
8. Gotta Get a Message to You - One of our favorites from the Brothers Gibb, lead vocal by Brother Greg
9. Rocks - don't know what to say about this one, but it's our fault. This was probably one of the first songs that Craig & Gary Walker ever wrote together
10. Smoke on Route 66 - two songs that have probably never been mashed up before, though for the life of me I can't imagine why!
11. Never Call Me Here - an acoustic version of a tune off of our 2000 release Strange But True (from back when we was burnt!), and a staple of our live shows. The official theme song of the Witness Protection Program. But you didn't hear it from me!
12. No Two Shows the Same! - just like it says. This was the result of testing mic levels during the recording setup
13. Titanic - What better way to end the CD than with a rousing distaster tune. This Ledbelly classic has been in the Taters live shows for years, and we're here to tell the tale.
Like our Facebook page for the CD at Facebook.com/TatersParty